Recently I attended one presentation from Redhat people on RHEL6 features. Some of the mesmerizing features as below.
- 85% more packages(Applications/softwares/tools) then RHEL5
- RHEL6 supports up to 4096 CPU’s
- RAM supported by RHEL6 is up to16TB.
- File system up to 100TB with EXT4 file-system.
- Very much optimized to support many hardware
- Can control 90000 jobs/min(I believe it’s too good I’m loving it.)
- SELinux sand-boxing for more SELinux control.
- KVM for virtualization.
- 7+3 years of extended support.
- Lower Power consumption(20% less when compared to RHEL5) — A green initiate.
- When handling Virtual machines(VM) RHEL6 on RHEL6 is good at performance when compared to RHEL5 vm on RHEL6 server
- More Reliability, Availability, serviceability(RAS)
- Rapid file system recovery(up to 10x faster than rhel5).
- Resource management through Control group(CGroup) sand-boxing the process.
Latest posts by Surendra Anne (see all)
- Docker: How to copy files to/from docker container - June 30, 2020
Anisble: ERROR! unexpected parameter type in action:
Fix- June 29, 2020
- FREE: JOIN OUR DEVOPS TELEGRAM GROUPS - August 2, 2019
- Review: Whizlabs Practice Tests for AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional (CSAP) - August 27, 2018
- How to use ohai/chef-shell to get node attributes - July 19, 2018