How can we show the line numbers using vim?
Ans : It is easy to debug problem when vim shows line numbers.
This can be done when you are in command mode. To go to command more from any mode just press esc key
Then try typing below line and then enter.
This will set the line number
How about without setting the number?
Means to remove the numbers in the file
To go to command mode from any mode just press esc key
Type below entry then press enter
This will remove the line numbers.
Latest posts by Surendra Anne (see all)
- FREE: JOIN OUR DEVOPS TELEGRAM GROUPS - August 2, 2019
- Review: Whizlabs Practice Tests for AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional (CSAP) - August 27, 2018
- How to use ohai/chef-shell to get node attributes - July 19, 2018
- wget download a file to a directory in Linux/Unix - June 4, 2018
- GIT: How to compare two GIT branches? - June 3, 2018