This is a common question asked by Interviewers, When ever I remember this question I do get laugh. What is this guy asking such type of question which I don’t know how to answer. But if you think seriously you will come to know about you how capable you are in Linux Administration and will make you think are you different from other admins.
If you give very normal answers like
1)I am a graduate. 2)I am RHCE certified. 3)I have 3+ years experience on Linux.
then he will say “then what is the difference between you and other admins who came for this job?”
What answer should you give?
The interviewer actually asking you about your capabilities. You should give him which you are good and which will show the difference between you and other admins. Some of the examples are as follows.
1)I am passionate about the Linux and the miracles it did(In one sentence you can say “I love Linux”).
2)I can automate any task using scripting in couple of hours(This will show him how good you are at scripting which will reduce considerable amount of time you spend on admin activities)
3)I am a quick learner, My resume gives you a gimps of technologies which i am good at(This will show him that you can take up challenges when dealing with new technologies).
4)Even my off-line activities like attending LUG(Linux User Groups) in my city and share my knowledge will show my zeal to learn about Linux(This will show your openness and sharing knowledge with others).
5)Even my online activities likes member in many forums(Again sharing knowledge)
6)I am a security export with RHCSS cert, with deep knowledge of security loop holes, hacking and patching them(This shows that you are good at house keeping too which many admins are not aware ).
7) I did couple of projects on Linux which are hosted in GITHUB And followed by many.
8) I not just a Linux administrator but a programmer and know multiple languages like Go, Python, Ruby etc.
And many more we can add depending on your experience which will distinguish you from other admins.
Latest posts by Surendra Anne (see all)
- Review: Whizlabs Practice Tests for AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional (CSAP) - August 27, 2018
- How to use ohai/chef-shell to get node attributes - July 19, 2018
- wget download a file to a directory in Linux/Unix - June 4, 2018
- GIT: How to compare two GIT branches? - June 3, 2018
- Online training on Linux Bash shell scripting - February 8, 2018