How to view/list only directories in Linux?
This is a small post for Linux new babies. Viewing folders can be achieved by two ways in linux/unix
- Through ls command
- Through find command
With ls we have to use grep to get the directory listings..
Ls –l | grep ^d
[[email protected] surendra_a]# ls -l | grep ^d
d——— 2 surendra_a surendra_a 4096 Sep 8 09:54 HTWFAIP
drwxrwxr-x 2 surendra_a root 4096 Nov 27 12:30 LinuxCBT – RHEL5
drwxrwxr-x 2 surendra_a root 4096 Oct 12 16:40 Software
Through find command
find . -type d
The above command will show you all the file types which are directories in present working directory.
Latest posts by Surendra Anne (see all)
- Puppet: How to install a package/software - October 16, 2016
- Luke Kanies is no more Puppet CEO - September 27, 2016
- Puppet terminology for newbe Linux users - September 3, 2016
- Understanding AWS “The services” Part – II - June 8, 2016
- Understanding AWS(Amazon Web services) “The Cloud” Part – I - May 11, 2016