In our the previous posts we covered many topics related to KVM hypervisor. Some of the KVM concepts you may be interested is below with detail explain on them in different posts.
- What is Virtualization in Linux way?
- Types of Virtualization available in Linux/Unix
- Advantages of Virtualization
- What is KVM virtualization in Linux?
- KVM Virtualization: Find Hardware support KVM/VMware ESXi or not?
- KVM virtualization: Install KVM hypervisor in Redhat/CentOS/Fedora Linux?
- KVM virtualization: Install KVM hypervisor in Ubuntu/Debian Linux?
In this post we will see screen cast on how to install Cent OS as Guest machine on KVM hypervisor. The installation is similar to Redhat and Fedora flavors. This installation is through GUI tool called virt-manager which is very much user-friendly and makes our installation very simple.
Step1: Start virt-manager through terminal.
Step2: Click on the new machine icon and start installing Cent OS. Below steps are quite straight forward.
Step3: You will be prompted for installation disk location, VM name etc. Click forward as shown above. In the below diagram you will be given option what is the RAM you want select and no of vCPU’s.
Step4: Select the harddisk size from below window and where to store img file which your VM HDD.
Step5: Once the VM settings are done you can click finish to start installation of Ubuntu machine as VM in KVM hypervisor.
In the next post we will see how to do networking(NATing and Bridge)configuration in KVM hypervisor through GUI using Virtual machine Manager.