This is a small how to on listing installed softwares in Linux Ubuntu OS. Some times we require to list softwares which are already installed so that we will not redo the same work by installing it once again.
Example1: To list installed softwares execute below command
Example2: To count all installed softwares use below command which is modified version of above one.
dpkg --get-selections | wc -l
Example3: To know the version and other details about installed package use below command
aptitude show <package-name>
Automatically installed: no
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <email@example.com>
Uncompressed Size: 603 k
Depends: libbz2-1.0, libc6 (>= 2.14)
Provided by: zip
Description: Archiver for .zip files
This is InfoZIP's zip program. It produces files that are fully compatible with the popular PKZIP program; however, the command line options
are not identical. In other words, the end result is the same, but the methods differ. 🙂
This version supports encryption.
Hope this helps some one who is in need to get details on the package installed in Ubuntu machine.
Latest posts by Surendra Anne (see all)
- Docker: How to copy files to/from docker container - June 30, 2020
- Anisble: ERROR! unexpected parameter type in action:
Fix- June 29, 2020
- FREE: JOIN OUR DEVOPS TELEGRAM GROUPS - August 2, 2019
- Review: Whizlabs Practice Tests for AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional (CSAP) - August 27, 2018
- How to use ohai/chef-shell to get node attributes - July 19, 2018