Update1:As of now we started with RHCE concepts and in future we will move on to advanced concepts such as virtualization, CVS, Monitoring, Storage etc.
Update2:Started posting on DNS stuff this month
We are planing to systematically write quality posts on Linux admin stuff at www.linuxnix.com which every Linux administrators are facing in day today activities. In order to bring similar topics under one umbrella we came up with a plan to address this. Linux is a vast technology and within that, Linux administration is again very much extensive. Again coming to Administration there are many things such as servers, security, administration, user management, disk management(LVM, RAID, SAN etc), virtualization, scripting, CMS, Version controlling, Monitoring etc which are huge topics. The idea is simple, we created a poll below to this post, just vote your favorite topic and we will keep an eye on this and at the end of the month we will pick up the theme topic for next month with maximum number of votes received. On the entire next month we will post the stuff on the selected topic.
If you people choose Monitoring?
1) What is monitoring why we require it?
2) Complete details/how-to’s on inbuilt monitoring commands such as lsof, netstat, ps etc.
3) Complete details/how-to’s on small external/ installable utility tools helpful for monitoring such as vnstat, hping htop etc.
4) We will provide extensive list of resources related to monitoring and give you a free e-book with all the details.
5) We will provide in depth how-to’s on leading monitoring tools such as nagios, Monitis, spiceworks, zenoss, zabbix, openNMS etc for that entire month.
And if you choose Files and folder permissions ?
- chmod (Changing file/folder permissions)
- chgrp (Change group owner permissions)
- chown(change user and group owner permissions)
- umask(set the permission level)
- SUID(Special UserID)
- SGID(Special GroupID)
- Sticky bit
- SUID vs Sticky bit
- SUID vs SGID.
- Linux Filesystem ACL’s.
- Inode structure
- Linux user quota implementations.
- Linux group quota implementations.
And good part of this is
1) You can learn all the subject related to one module in one shot.
2) You can even request new sub topics which are not listed above. 3) You can share your knowledge with the world by writing guest posts on that topic.
I have just started with this file/folder permissions for this month(December 2011), next month I will post all the stuff related to DNS servers and so on. You can too choose your theme, if more number of people requested it i will start writing about those topics next month. Please share your thoughts on this here.
Will keep updating about this in coming days.
The status of theme:
Latest posts by Surendra Anne (see all)
- Review: Whizlabs Practice Tests for AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional (CSAP) - August 27, 2018
- How to use ohai/chef-shell to get node attributes - July 19, 2018
- wget download a file to a directory in Linux/Unix - June 4, 2018
- GIT: How to compare two GIT branches? - June 3, 2018
- Online training on Linux Bash shell scripting - February 8, 2018