This is a small how to on installing epub(Electronic Publications) reader software to read epub books.
What is epub means?
Epub is a open book standard for reading documents on mobile devices. The beauty of epub books format is that it will adjust it’s font size to the device display so that user who reads the books will not need to zoom-in and zoom-out to read text. In other words, epub format will adjust screen to device display.
By default we can not open epub files using default reader softwares in Linux. We have to install it through apt-get in Ubuntu/Debian and for Redhat/Centos/Fedora the calibre repo is not working so we have to depend on the download/install method mention at http://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux.
Installing Calibre in Debian/Ubuntu
sudo apt-get -y install calibre
Installing Calibre in Redhat/Centos/Fedora
sudo -v && wget --no-check-certificate -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda:sys.stderr.write('Download failedn'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main()"
Once you install calibre we can read epub files and can convert one file format to other format.
Latest posts by Surendra Anne (see all)
- FREE: JOIN OUR DEVOPS TELEGRAM GROUPS - August 2, 2019
- Review: Whizlabs Practice Tests for AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional (CSAP) - August 27, 2018
- How to use ohai/chef-shell to get node attributes - July 19, 2018
- wget download a file to a directory in Linux/Unix - June 4, 2018
- GIT: How to compare two GIT branches? - June 3, 2018