Today we will see how to install, setup and run python programs in windows. Currently python is available in two version 2.X and 3.x Version 3.x changes some of the standard syntax associated with Version 2.x. This tutorial focuses on version 2.x series.
Step1: To install python on windows choose and download python installer from http://www.python.org
Step2: In my case i want to use latest release of python i.e python 2.7.6
Step3: Go to Download folder & run python installer.
Step4: After running installer click next & next, this installer installs python in C:python27 as shown in images below.
Step5: After Completion of installation click on python GUI, this will start python interpreter & you can start programming.
Step6: Next, set the system’s PATH variable to include directories that include Python components and packages. To do this:
- Right-click Computer and select Properties.
- In the dialog box, select Advanced System Settings.
- In the next dialog, select Environment Variables.
- In the User Variables section, edit the PATH statement to include this:
Now, you can open a command prompt and type:
That will load the Python interpreter.
Python 2.7.6 (default, May 4 2014, 14:24) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 Type "help", "copyright", "credit's" or license for more information. >>>
Because of the settings you included in your PATH variable, you can now run this interpreter and, more important, a script from any directory on your system.
You are now ready to start using and learning Python under Windows Xp or Windows 7.
Latest posts by Surendra Anne (see all)
- FREE: JOIN OUR DEVOPS TELEGRAM GROUPS - August 2, 2019
- Review: Whizlabs Practice Tests for AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional (CSAP) - August 27, 2018
- How to use ohai/chef-shell to get node attributes - July 19, 2018
- wget download a file to a directory in Linux/Unix - June 4, 2018
- GIT: How to compare two GIT branches? - June 3, 2018