IPtable is a firewall application by default installed in all the Linux flavors. It is having great capabilities in blocking and unblocking content. Some times its required to disable iptables to troubleshooting network related configurations. To disable iptables in Redhat/CentOS we have to use the following commands.
#service iptables stop
#service iptables save
#chkconfig iptables off
To be more meaning full way to stop iptables on all the run levels use below commands.
#chkconfig --level 123456 iptables off
If you want to remove iptables completly from system we can use rpm command to do this.
rpm -e iptables
Latest posts by Surendra Anne (see all)
- Luke Kanies is no more Puppet CEO - September 27, 2016
- Puppet terminology for newbe Linux users - September 3, 2016
- Understanding AWS “The services” Part – II - June 8, 2016
- Understanding AWS(Amazon Web services) “The Cloud” Part – I - May 11, 2016
- 16 ls command examples for newbe - April 20, 2016